Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Milk Jug Watering Can

What a wonderful idea from A Journey to Dream! I had thought to turn an empty milk carton into a watering can by cutting the top. Before getting started, I did a quick search to see if someone had come up with a better method than what I had in mind, and look what I found!



Please visit her blog for instructions on making this very simple recycled milk jug watering can. 

I made my own using a pin, but I think I'll have to dig up a nail or a larger needle to make the holes wider, because I'm not getting water flow as good as hers is in the picture.

What are some creative ways you have recycled common household items in the garden? 

4 comments:

  1. my mom was doing this years ago, but not with the lid just the containers. use a small drill bit. you can get them cheaply from Harbor Freight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did she drill holes in the front of it? I actually got a drill recently, but I'm still getting used to the idea that I don't have to use creative alternatives, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've cut them on the diagonal (actually was a bleach bottle) and used as a scoop. I used it for dog/cat dry food. I also unscrewed the cap and cut off the bottom to use as a funnel. I'll bet that scoop could come in handy if you put Sky on the raw diet.....aka "barf diet".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that idea! I think I'll see if my vinegar bottle is strong enough to use as a scoop for potting soil once it's empty. :D

      Delete