Saturday, June 11, 2011

It's ALIIIIVE!!

*Heavenly Choir* Ahhhhh!

Look how beautiful they are! :D Ok, the garden is still pretty ugly, but it's got plants growing in it now! And they're even mostly not weeds!

I'm able to recognize tomatoes, butternut squash, lettuce, corn, cilantro, and some flowers (alyssum) that I planted around the edges that are supposed to deter pests. (Or maybe they attract bugs that eat pests. I can't remember for sure. I just know they're good!) There are lots more tiny sprouts peeking out, too.

I expect some of the plants are going to crowd each other out since they are really close together, but I am pleasantly surprised how well it's going so far for how little work I put into this. I ignored it for about a week while recovering from a nasty bug I caught at work, and it didn't seem to mind. Now I'm going out every couple of days to pull up tufts of grass and clover that keep trying to reassert themselves.

Now I just need to figure out how to tell when I should pick that cilantro and lettuce...

No comments:

Post a Comment